Thank you young leaders.
This morning is a shout out of gratitude to young leaders. Over the next 10-15 years you will be leading nearly every organizational effort. You are incredibly important to today. You are the foundation of the future. To young leaders following Christ, you will shape the spiritual tone of an entire culture.
In the bible, the apostle Paul writes a couple of letters to a young leader. His name is Timothy. Paul has counsel for Timothy in navigating the unique issues young leaders face: Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith and your purity. Until I get there, focus on the Scriptures to the church, encouraging the believers, and teaching them. (1 Timothy 4:12-13)
A few points of focus:
1. Stand with humble confidence, even if others are more experienced. The Lord has raised you into leadership. He has purposes and reasons for doing this. He is confident in you.
2. Be a good example with your life. In matters of lifestyle, love, faith, and purity, set an example that others will follow and be thankful for.
3. Stay focused on God’s word. Scripture is the bedrock expression of who God is. He is the source of all leadership. Scripture is rich with wisdom. In a very real sense, it gives life.
4. Encourage other followers of Jesus. People need encouragement today. Bring it.
5. Teach well. There is a real need for good teaching today. Take time to teach well.
Thank you for being a young leader.